Friday, December 19, 2014

On A One-Dog Open Sleigh....


This has been a disappointing start to the snow season.  As of three days ago, we had green grass again.  Luckily, we got a dusting, which was just enough to reduce friction for Kolachi's continuation of pull training (she was in recuperation from her spay/gastropexy for the past four weeks).  I should state that I have no idea what I'm doing-- I'm winging it when it comes to this whole subject.  Right now she's pulling Justin in a sled (because, let's be honest, isn't that every kids' dream dog?) while I run just behind her and remind her to 'leave it' and stay focused.  I'm working on using collar pressure to teach gee and haw, but i'm not convinced it's working.  Back to the internets for me...there has to be a good tutorial out there somewhere!

No comments: