Saturday, November 15, 2014

Kolachi's new sport

As an early Christmas present to myself, I dragged the family down to Midwest Mountaineering to have an adventure-- a skijoring harness fitting!  In my mind's eye, I see myself hitching my dog up to my skis and traversing the back field in the winter.  Step One:  teach my dog to pull  (Step Two-Four includes buying skis for myself and re-learning how to do it....but we'll take it one step at a time).
Kolachi was deemed "a perfect body type" for joring (pulling).  It was so fun to visit such a dog-friendly store (she even got a treat on the way out).  She got properly fit for her harness and we're ready for an AWESOME winter!
Here we are practing 'line out' (standing with a taut line) with Justin in the sled.  Kolachi seems to LOVE having a real job to do....and Justin LOVES being pulled!  She's going to have her spay surgery soon, so it will be a while until we're back in the harness, but we got a great start!

No comments: