Sunday, May 11, 2014

Coming Along...


The paint is dry, the furniture is being arranged, and the cat approves.  What more could I ask for? 
We were lucky enough to have a bunch of these pieces already- apparently God has been directing my choices in furniture towards a homeschool classroom for some time now-- WAY before I ever imagined it!

The desks were from my mom- the one that Percy is seated upon was the desk that my siblings and I played at for years- "Morrison" is carved into the wood on the top.  The other she picked up when Alex was a tiny baby-  it was her "DAWING" desk for many years.  The large framed chalkboard I found at Saver's (a thrift store) last summer for $5.99, and we've had it in the library until now.  The bookshelves I've thrifted/garage saled and collected for just the right occasion.
One thing that IS new is our new sheepskin rug.  It is absolutely delicious.  I've been eyeing it on the Sierra Trading Post website for a few years now, but we made enough money at our garage sale to afford a classroom splurge! Alex may or may not have been quoted as saying "I don't even want to wear a shirt when I roll on this...."

No comments: