Thursday, May 22, 2014

Cleaning up the Garden beds

I'm trying to wrap up my LAST quilt order before leaving for Norway and Sweden in two weeks.....and I needed the kids to stay out of my hair for the morning.  Enter a "job".  Their challenge:  To clean and prepare all the garden beds.   I don't know whether to be happy or sad that they worked from 7:30am-2:30pm (with appropriate breaks for water play, snacks and lunch) all in order to earn screen time.  But it worked.  It's not a strategy I employ every day, but man-- they definitely earned their reward.  Three of my six beds were nicely cleaned out. The others are so crab-grass ridden that I'll need to bring my own hoe out there and work it up when I have free time (ie: probably not this spring!)


 I love our dog run setup.  Kolachi is free to be outside 'with' the kids or wander back in to be with me.  She's maturing so well, and has really learned to appreciate her 'freedom' (as it is restricted if she barks inappropriately).  We keep a padlock on the outside fence so that the kids can't accidentally let her out (or she can't nose her way out).

No comments: