Thursday, October 31, 2013

What did YOU do before 8:30am this morning?

Poor Daddy has to jump on a flight to New Haven this afternoon, so he's going to miss out on all of our *super fun* (insert irony) Halloween traditions.  Namely, carving pumpkins.
I don't know what happened to me.  I used to love carving pumpkins.  At least I think I did.  Now it's just messy....and somewhat frustrating.  Give me a paintbrush any day..... but I digress.
Dave tackled the task with all the energy of a new day-- being that it was 6:30am when we started, I think these guys did a fantastic job.
It was Alex's first year of completely gutting, designing, AND cutting her own pumpkin.  She did a great job with the knife and only needed a tiny, teeny bit of help figuring out how to section off the larger pieces she was cutting.
Justin, not to be outdone by Big Sister, insisted on weilding his own knife as well.  I am happy to report that Dave still has all of his fingers.
All in all, they turned out to be quite darling, and we didn't have to forego the pumpkin carving tradition.  And I managed to make a vat of homemade applesauce whilst my carvers whittled away at their giant fruits.  Success!

No comments: