Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dec 5: Sinterklaas

Tonight is the night we leave shoes out for Sinterklaas (or St. Nicholas) to fill.  Tonight they will be filled with a small piece of baking chocolate (it's a change from the over-sweet 'normal' chocolate that the kids are used to, and something special),a crystal quartz point for the Advent wreath and a small wooden squirrel.
 Alex set her shoe out at approximately 6:34am this morning.  Justin was convinced to leave one of his "blackkk shoos" right before bedtime.  I don't know if I've chronicled this kid's love for his dress shoes-- we bought them at a consignment store for Auntie Carrie's wedding, and they are his absolute favorite.  He would wear them every day if possible!  When I questioned him about it, he looked at me like I was crazy and responded- "like Daddy".  Enough said.

No comments: