Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy Fifth Birthday, Panda Bear!

"Five kisses when I wake, Five candles on my cake" 
After a nice family birthday breakfast-- with three presents-- one from Daddy (Little House on the Prairie hardcover book), one from Justin (an antique Uncle Wiggly board game), and one from Mama (a vintage Fisher Price record player and records), we all headed to school to celebrate Alex's birthday.
Opening her card from Great Grandma Alice.
Thanks for the singing, DANCING card Mom.....  you made her whole morning!
Enjoying a rollicking Sea Shanty before heading off to school... YOUR family doesn't do that in the morning?
The traditional "Birthday Cup".  I was expecting Justin to be very jealous and want one, too-- but I think he was still a little confused about what was going on.  He just enjoyed his muffins (and the noise-making cards).

After school, Alex got to pick any restaurant to go out for lunch---- and it was McDonald's.  At least I found one with the old-school Grimace chairs!  How sweet are those?  AND she redeemed herself as an epicurean upon requesting 'sweet' kimchi and eggplant parmesan for dinner.

1 comment:

Grandma M. said...

I'm exhausted reading all about Alex's 5th year party!!! I admit, I got a bit teary eyed reading about dear Miss Brenda telling Alex's story.... So precious. We love you, Alex! Happy Birthday, Honey Bun!