Thursday, September 20, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

I woke up this morning to the distinct smell of cake.  Being as gullible as I am, I quickly believed Dave when I asked him what the smell was and he said "I'm making tea".  Alex quickly dispelled my misplaced trust when she asked me if she could see the cake again.  For the first time in years, I didn't have to make or purchase my own birthday cake!  Score for Daddy! 

We spent the day with Megan and Emma and the MN Zoo- and, because it was my birthday, splurged on a monorail ride-  Justin's first true 'train experience' (at least in his memory).  He was a little cautious about the whole thing, but the girls had a great time!


After the zoo we returned home to frost the cake.  Alex had a very particular vision in mind-- pink and chocolate. 
That's one good looking birthday cake!  Too bad we didn't have 32 candles ;-)

No comments: