Saturday, September 29, 2012

Dragon Party 2012

In order to cut down on the craziness of Alex's birthday party, I scheduled two..... counter-intuitive, I know-- but it worked!  (And we rented a bouncy house....perhaps a bit over the top, but I've never gotten one and it was TOTALLY worth it to be able to bounce whenever I wanted..... I think Alex liked it too).
In the morning, we invited the neighbor kids over for a one hour, 'no-presents', jumping party.  Dragon tails and cupcakes for all!  Alex had a great time playing with her friends and this ensured no party-crashing later on in the day.
Auntie Carrie and Sam the Bearded dropped by for some in-between party time.  He was a HUGE hit with all the big kids.  However, Justin's phrase of the day was "No AM!!!"  ("no Sam").  Not a fan of the huge beard and scary helmet.

Later on Uncle Willy and his little dragon Tikva showed up, followed by Auntie Rorie and Brad.  It was pretty much a free-flowing roll in and out party :-)  Alex is so lucky to have so many people who adore her!
Because, yes, my sense of humor is sophomoric.  And I like it that way.

Alex had been waiting SO long to open this present in a red box from Brad....  a beautiful nightgown for her, and one for Nicki was inside! 
Alexandra and I spent all week decorating our house to look like a dragon's treasure trove!
Birthday Wishes!
A topical book from silly Uncle Willy :-)
For the STUNNING centerpiece-- Brad located some dry ice to add the final touch to my Dragon's Breath Punch....
No dragon shirt.... but guess which one he picked to wear today? 

 Alex's friends Emma and Liam brought their families in the afternoon and we all enjoyed the beautiful weather, and really fun bouncy castle - with all our little dragons.
Our dragon pinata held up perfectly-- each child got a couple of good swings in before it broke apart!
Justin made SURE the job was done.

Phew!! I'm exhausted-- how about you?

No comments: