Friday, August 6, 2010

Ribbon Winners!



We went to the Washington County Fair this evening to check out how our entries fared against the competition. Alex beat me by beating out entries in the 6 and under division, earning one 2nd place and one 4th place ribbon!! She was so excited to see her painting and frame on display, and to touch her beautiful ribbons (which we will get to bring home on Sunday).
Apparently my Waldorf aesthetic didn't translate well to the woodcarving division, as my toy cow received a 'Participant' ribbon ;-), but my Copper quilt placed third in the wall hanging category. Not too shabby for my first-ever quilt that shows absolutely NO technical skills whatsoever (unlike all the other pattern-based entries).
Other than that, we spent the evening looking at the animals, eating gyros and corn dogs, and riding the carousel and giant slide. A fantastic fair day!

No comments: