Saturday, August 7, 2010

NIP: Nursery In Progress update

Since Lauren was here to entertain Alex / cook us a delicious homemade dinner, Dave and I took some time this afternoon to get Baby Justin's room a bit more ready. Here's some 'in-progress' photos...



Shelves are up! The red bench will be painted black before this project is complete.... On the wall shelves are are really cool 1958 Exploring Space book (it even says that man is not able to go to the moon yet, but scientists are working hard on that problem) that GrandMama and Lauren found in Superior, WI, and a 1970-something 'Space Transport' truck, along with a few Ugly dolls and some Mama-made softies.
This antique changing station/dresser from my Grandmother Lois works perfectly with the new crib. Mama-made Boppy cover and changing pad cover will coordinate with the bedding (which should arrive from my Etsy woman any day now). On the wall is a 1950's reprint of H.G. Wells' The First Men in the Moon, which Megan and I found at a rummage sale in Portage, WI for 10 cents!!
Details from the OTHER side of the bookshelf. It's slowly coming together! I would like to draw Will's attention to the alien with the clearly defined eyestalks..... I aim to please :-)

3 comments:

Hwaguy said...

Ha! You can't beat that alien. That room is going to be pretty darn cool when it gets finished.

Grandma M. said...

Your family cracks me up, Amy! Each one has great ideas and follow through! Lovin' the look!!

Sarah said...

That is an amazing nursery! I am always amazed at your creativity.