Thursday, August 19, 2010

Antiquing in Hopkins

I don't know whether it is truly worth it to drive for 40 minutes in order to get free oil changes, but that's currently my deal with Walser Jeep in Hopkins. While the drive is a bit of a pain, having a free hour on the main street of Hopkins is certainly a worthwhile pastime!
Alex and I headed off to the antique stores in search of vintage tin robots and/or spaceships (....I should say 'affordable' vintage tin robots and/or spaceships because there are a plethora of $200+ ones available).
We had no luck finding the 'perfect' toy for Justin's room, but Alex did stumble upon something too good to let sit in a dusty antique store. Because of her outstanding antiquing etiquette (we received several compliments on her behavior and self-restraint), we brought it home!
I know my mom is saying "Amy, you had that game when you were little...." If it turns out that you have it in storage somewhere, Mom, let me know and we'll list it on Ebay and make fortunes :-)Alex, Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man and Cowardly Lion enjoyed a romp through Oz before naptime. Simple pleasures of a board game!

1 comment:

Bloggin BB said...

I gasped when I saw your picture of the board games in the case--knowing how excited Alex must have been! Super cool and fun! :)