Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Which one is the REAL Alex?

A few days ago, I noticed that Alexandra had started drawing intentional eyes and mouth inside circles as representation of faces! I was so excited, but didn't blog about it because I couldn't get a good photo of the drawings.
Today I decided to see how many details she would draw, given a large canvas. We ripped off a huge piece of butcher paper and traced her whole body.
Then she went to work:

The first thing she added were, of course, the eyes. It cracks me up that she draws little circles and then quickly adds one 'dot' with a sharp pencil jab in the center of each.

Here's a close-up of her eyes, mouth and hair.

The whole figure was a bit large for her to finish on her own, so Mama had to help-- adding details where Alex decided they needed to go. Now I have two Alexandras in my home.....

No comments: