Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cheering for Horses!

I have to admit to being a bit nervous to introduce my 2 1/2 year old to the world of legalized gambling, but we had an absolute blast at the racetrack! Alex loved going down to the paddock before each race to get up-close to the beautiful horses and colorful jockeys-- being the good Daddy that he is, Dave used 'Alex tips' for each race, choosing to back only the horse that she 'liked'. While we definitely don't have a Swee'Pea on our hands, we had fun cheering for Al's picks.
The weather was a bit rainy, but cool and beautiful under the awning- it was a perfect, uncrowded, comfortable afternoon! (and there were actually a fair number of kids there with their families). The racetrack was really nice and clean, too! (I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I'd love to go back for a Mama-Daddy date day...I just love watching the horses run). We stayed for five races and then headed back to the Mulders' for pizza and party-time! Happy Birthday, Joel-- thanks for inviting us for a fun day!

2 comments:

Emma Mae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emma Mae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.