Tuesday, November 10, 2009

You can run, but you can't hide

Here's Alex 'modeling' my newest 'altered piece'. She's becoming quite the natual poser! In case you can't tell, the applique is a scarf-wearing badger stirring a bowl of (pumpkin dough?). She was very proud to wear it to school this morning, even if everyone asked us if we were Wisconsin fans!
Alex has been consistently grumpy upon awakening from her afternoon nap for about 2 weeks now. This isn't her normal 'it takes me thirty minutes to wake up, so don't touch me' grumpiness, it's an all-out surly, scream until she's blotchy cry fest. Today I tried to head it off by announcing an impromptu trip to a really cool park we found the other day.
It worked for a while. Alex was more than happy to swing (if I pushed both her swing and the adjacent one, because apparently Coconut the Cockatoo was swinging, too).
You wouldn't know it from this photo, but approximately ten minutes after this was taken, I had to physically remove my screaming toddler from the park because she chose not to follow directions. I guess we can't run from the Grumpies.

No comments: