Thursday, November 12, 2009

How many hours could YOU spend at Eden Prairie Center?

Well, Alex and I reported to Walser Jeep in Hopkins at 10am this morning (which meant leaving the house at 9am) to drop my vehicle off for some service. Dave and I had both noticed some funny gear-shifting stuff going on, so we decided to have them check that out as well. Because they estimated our wait time at roughly 3-4 hours, we decided to hop in the courtesy shuttle and check out Eden Prairie Center.

We arrived at 10:15 or so, stroller and water in hand. Alex and I checked movie times and decided that we would go to the 12:50 showing of "Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs". This left only two and a half hours to fill in the meantime.

Alex was a star shopper this morning. Even though we only walked out of the mall with a pair of $3 tights (Gymboree sale) and a new Clifford book from Barnes & Noble, we sure perused most of the square footage of the mall. I even let Alex play in the COMMUNAL PLAYSPACE!!! (You know it's bad if I allow Alex in one of those, and it was crowded-- we disinfected before, during and after the play time-- at first glance everyone in there seemed healthy, but one never knows). Despite the possible infection, it still ranked much better than sitting in the Walser waiting room for three hours, trying to keep my active girl subdued around other cranky waiting customers.

We treated ourselves to lunch at the Food Court (including a Happy Meal, which I swiped the toy out of before Alex could see it.....don't worry, I gave her the mini My Little Pony later while we were waiting for the movie to start. I just don't want her associating food with toys), and then it was time for the show!
I may be stingy with junky toys, but let it rain candy!! The ticket seller gave us a break because Alex was JUST two, and didn't charge us for her ticket, so we decided to 'thank' AMC by buying a massive package of M & M's to share. Alex was in heaven, counting and sorting her colorful candies before carefully eating them one by one during the movie.
I thought the movie was ok. Alex really enjoyed it, it seemed, but I'm not sure why. There weren't any cuddly animals or songs, but she watched with rapt attention the entire time, especially during the spaghetti and meatball storm!

After calling Walser to confirm our ride back, I was informed that there was nothing wrong with my Jeep. Sigh.........We finally arrived home at 4:30, just in time to start fixing dinner. What a long day!

No comments: