Thursday, October 8, 2009

Suzy Homemaker....

....so I'm trying (at least at everything BUT that cleaning the house meticulously part of homemaking). Alex and I did start a new project today, though. Hancock Fabrics is having a Columbus Day Weekend Sale where ALL of their patterns are just $1.00! I decided that now would be an opportune time to pick up a few simple ones, and was shocked to see that normally they sell for $8-$15 apiece! I also picked up a yard and a half of a simple burnt orange cotton to play with-- I'll make Alex a 'Halloween dress'.
We'll keep you updated with the status of Alex's Halloween dress.....as of now the pieces are cut, I just have to figure out how to follow all of the directions correctly! Here's her newest applique t.... a "Pteranadon" (requested specifically by my daughter)- inspired by her love of the Dinosaur Train PBS show.


Alex and I also made a loaf of whole wheat bread today. Granted, we did cheat a little because we used a new-to-us breadmaker, but it is home-made, and the house smells delicious!

No comments: