Monday, June 22, 2009

Check out this outfit!

Transition back to normalcy isn't going as smoothly as one would hope. It seems now that I've been home a few days, the fun has worn off and the 'punishment' for leaving has begun. Don't get me wrong-- Alex is still her normal fun self 85% of the time.....it's just the other 15% that is full of tears and whining and clinginess. If I leave the room for just a moment during the day, and she's not involved in a project, it's "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!"


I ran out this morning to go to the store (we were out of diapers!), and Alex and "Auntie", as Rorie is now called, were having a bath and reading stories. When I returned from my jaunt, I found my daughter had insisted on dressing herself. In Rorie's words- "She selected these articles of clothing specifically".

We decided to paint this afternoon and, after deciding the apron was too restrictive, went au natural- she was one with the paint. We concentrated on expressing our emotions through brush movement today :-)

No comments: