Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful women out there! I had a relaxing and stress-free day, starting with a Panera cinnamon crisp bagel and caramel latte in bed this morning (Dave took Alex in her pj's to go pick up some breakfast)!

I haven't gotten a chance to start tackling my studio yet, and as a surprise Dave and Alex set up my drawing table and easel last night without my knowledge. As an added bonus, I had a Daddy and Alexandra original Mother's Day card waiting on the easel for me.

Even though my fingers are starting to itch for my brush and palatte knives, Alex seemed to be more excited to use the easel to paint. We spent a good portion of the afternoon experimenting with mixing colors and using different size brushes (plus our hands!!).

My other Mother's Day gift was that all of our pictures and shelves are up on the walls! We've been here a few weeks now, but things are finally coming together, and it's feeling a lot more like home. Here's to many Mother's Days to come in Woodbury.

No comments: