Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Chef Alex

Chef Alexandra helped me make a pizza last night. I'm actually really proud of myself-- instead of trying to placate Alex with an empty bowl and wooden spoon, I took a deep breath and decided to let her join in the fun.

With a few adaptations, she did a fantastic job as an assistant! While I sliced all of the veggies, she helped roll out the pizza dough (from a Pillsbury tube, of course). We spread the sauce on the pizza together, and she placed the red pepper strips on the surface. She even helped me dump out the cheese on top! Next it was time to mix the marinade for the shrimp. She dumped all the ingredients and mixed them together. Then it was time for a 5 minute Elmo-break while Mommy shelled raw shrimp.....yuck. Afterwards she helped cover the shrimp with the peanut sauce, and then moved the onions and carrots from the cutting board into the vinegar dressing. She was very excited to place the cooked shrimp and cold veggies on top of the warm pizza!Unfortunately, Alex doesn't care for Thai Shrimp Pizza (adapted from a Rachael Ray recipe), but she sure had fun making it! We'll have to do a mini 'normal' pizza next time.

No comments: