Monday, March 2, 2009

A Morning at School

Alexandra was very excited to go to school this morning. Her ECFE teacher had set up a painting station, which Alex immediately went to. She even tolerated wearing the smock!

After painting with her friends, it was time for her to find a corner to snuggle into and do what she likes to do best-- read! I'm so glad she feels comfortable in her classroom, and loves her teacher, Miss Jackie!

I put her down for a nap following lunch (around 11:45)- and it's now 3:15 with still no peep! I've had time to cull and organize pantry items and completely clean/decorate a bathroom. We're in the process of 'staging' the house for showing right now, so all this extra time is fantastic. While I love the order of a model-home, it's going to feel really weird not to have all of our 'stuff' around. We'll keep important items (like toys and books, along with a few linens, towels and dinnerware) out until the end, but a lot of my folk artsy touches have been packed away. I even went out and bought fake flowers because I read in one staging article that the color yellow puts people in the mood to buy. *don't worry-- they're not cheesy*



No comments: