Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Day!

OK-- so it's not much of a holiday, but Alex and I did our best to celebrate. She got all dressed up in her cute little "Swedish girl" outfit this morning and went to class. She had fun playing with her friend Emma, and showing everyone how well she could sit up (with the Boppy for support, of course).

After class, Megan (Emma's mom) and I took the girls out to Perkins. We actually had both of them sitting in highchairs for a while. After that got old, Miss Alexandra had a bottle and fell asleep in my arms. As I wanted to actually eat my sandwich, I made a little nest for her in the booth (with a blockade, so she couldn't roll off). She was quite comfy, and snoozed the rest of the meal.
before- Big Girls in their highchairs
after- Zonked out at Perkins

Then we went to Emma's house for a playdate. Miss Emma was very kind to share her toys. She was even kinder to loan us a shirt (after an entire morning of blowing raspberries, Alexandra's shirt was SOAKED and she was miserable). I felt like quite the unprepared Mommy, but who would have guessed? :-)

After a quick nap at home, we took Copper out for a long-awaited walk. It was 36 degrees out today!!! :-) We slogged through the slushy sidewalks (how's that for alliteration?) and had a nice excursion.

No comments: