Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Hearts Day!

This morning, Alex and I joined our MOMS club at the local retirement home for some crafting and cookie-making fun. Alexandra made a few new friends- There was one lady, Beatrice, who was aching to hold her, and Alex seemed very content on her lap. They also matched very well-- so well that the director of the home came over and was snapping photos for the newsletter! :-) Please note that my daughter is in a 6-12 month dress, and it's a tad large. That is why she appears so enormously chubby :-)

On the upside, I think I've gotten over my irrational fear of retirement homes. Although, I do have to say that the 'internet cafe' of Keystone Communities (where we went today) felt like the Cage in Buntrock Commons and did NOT smell of mashed potatoes.


After our exciting morning, Alex took a good long nap and woke up ready to eat. She got to try out her brand-new big girl highchair (thank you Dad and Sue!). She was a bit perplexed by the tray in front of her, but as soon as the rice cereal made its appearance, she was good to go.

No comments: