Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Rice Cereal Adventures

"She's a perfect little girl!" is what the doctor told me at our well-baby check this morning. Alex is 84% for head circumference, 86% for height (25"), and 96% for weight (15.5 lbs). According to our doctor, she's developmentally ahead of most babies her age and very strong. We got the 'go ahead' to start rice cereal, so we went ahead and started in on it tonight. She wasn't too thrilled-- but I'm sure once she gets the hang of it, she'll be loving it.

video


She received four more shots at the doctor's today-- those are the worst. I feel so horrible when all of a sudden, she feels that sharp needle and looks at me like I can/should stop it. She squalled and big tears were rolling down her cheeks. After we came home she slept pretty much all afternoon-her little body was exhausted from the vaccines. I don't think we're going to make it to the caucases tonight-- sorry Mitt, but Alex needs the attention more than you do!

1 comment:

Melissa and Jeff said...

Dear Alex,
I really didn't like rice cereal much either. Don't worry, when you're ready, there are much tastier treats to sample. I'm on a double-cheeseburger kick right now, maybe you'd like that too! :)
Love, Graham